The Metro Miser

Living the High Life in Astoria, Queens on a Shoestring Budget

Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Metro Miser

Yes. I am the cheap bastard who suddenly has the immediate urge to visit the facilities just moments before the restaurant bill arrives to the table. Yes. I do regift. Yeah, I am that jerk at the supermarket comparing the price per ounce of salad dressings. And, yes. When I go to the pub with coworkers, I usually disappear when it's my round to buy. But hell, I've been drinking PBR's all night, and your Goose and tonics are a little on the pricey side.

It's not that I'm poor. I do have a decent job in the city with an OK salary. I have no debt. No mortgage. No child support. I dunno. I just hate spending my money. And it's not that old "I work hard for my money" line, because honestly, I really don't work that hard.

I guess I just don't see the point in paying a premium price for something when there's cheaper options out there. How could someone spend $200 on a pair of jeans when you can find a pair on the discount rack at the Gap for $20? why spend $9 on shampoo when Suave is on sale at Eckerd for 88¢? And why spend 25¢ on the Post when AM New York is free? Well, that "Weird But True" section in the Post is pretty damn entertaining. I guess the point is we all have options, and generally I choose the cheapest one.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home