The Metro Miser

Living the High Life in Astoria, Queens on a Shoestring Budget

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Rapture does it "doggie style"


Located on 28th Avenue, the atmosphere inside Rapture Lounge was nicely laid back. It was a little too dark for my tastes, but nothing I couldn't deal with. It wasn't very crowded on a Tuesday evening. The bartender was a sweet gal. The music was all over the place from Guns n' Roses to the Gap Band to Jack Johnson and a lot of other randoms. It kind of sounded like my iPod on shuffle, which can be a good thing, but can also be quite embarrassing. Anyways, let's get to down to what's important, the dog.


Rapture serves up a hot dog that sounds a little odd. The "Doggie Style" Hot Dog is a frank on your standard bun with tortilla chips, onions, pineapples, ketchup and mayo. Honestly it sounded kind of gross, but I was down for a taste and at $3 there's no reason not to try it.


The ketchup and pineapple add a nice sweetness and combine well with the crunch of the tortilla chips. Surprisingly, everything blends nicely together.


At $3 a pop this is the cheapest item on the menu. You may want to order 2 as the portion size is not very filling. But at this price you can easily order 2 or just drink a few beers in place of any extra food, you'll be full all the same. I noticed they had a few specialtly drinks with suggestive names like 1-900 F*ck Me Up, Sex on The Sofa, and Tie Me to the Bedpost. While not cheap, they don't call me Lushious for nothing. I decided that I might as well try one since that's what I do. My choice was The Jealous Bitch, not that I am one...


It was a little sweet but tasty all the same. At $10 a pop I really would only drink again if someone else was buying. Also, getting drunk on fruity drinks is only asking for trouble later in the evening. After a few more beers I was good to go.

In the end, doing it doggie style was alright by me.

Rapture Lounge
3427 28th Ave
Astoria, NY 11103
(718) 626-8044

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger chickendumplins said...

i love this place! i actually think that Rapture is one of the most underrated spots in Astoria. and you cant forget about their giant vat of tequila with pinapples marinating in it....yummmmmmmm!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home