The Metro Miser

Living the High Life in Astoria, Queens on a Shoestring Budget

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's a Doggy Dogg World

So after spending a disgustingly sticky day trekking around the neighborhood in search of some much needed furniture, I stopped in this little unassuming Chilean bakery on the corner of 37th St. and Astoria Blvd. When you first enter the San Antonio Bakery, you're met with views of tasty looking pastries and freshly baked bread of all shapes and sizes. There wasn't a menu of any kind, so I simply asked "Do y'all have hot dogs?" After confirming to me that "yes" they do have a special hot dog, the wonderful gal at the counter told me to take a seat at one of the few tables.
Most of the other customers seemed to be regulars. Though I did spot a couple taking pictures of their food like myself. Were they other bloggers or just strange people who like to have digital souvenirs of what they consume? I didn't ask, because I really just wanted to eat at this point. After a few minutes my hot dog was brought to my table in a cute little hot dog server thing.


This hot dog comes topped with sauerkraut, tomatoes, avocado, and a little mayo squeeze. These ingredients certainly sound more appetizing than the hot dog at Rapture. They also provide you with their homeade hot sauce which I was told goes well with the dog.







After my first bite I was sold. This shit was so damn good!!! The thing that makes this is the bread. It's warm and soft with a little sweetness...duh because it's fresh bread! The toppings and hot sauce taste excellent in accompaniment to that delicious bread. I won't lie, I ordered a second (it's only $3.50) becuase it was that awesome. Plus they don't serve beer, but that's ok I still I left a satisfied gal. You should know that I really dig my meat.

Take one last look at this thing. Yum!















San Antonio Bakery
36-20 Astoria Blvd
Astoria, NY 11103

San Antonio Bakery 2 on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home